We encourage patients to commit themselves to some type of regular support. Please consider the following resources that you might consider:
- Small support teams at your workplace. Connect with 1-2 other co-workers who have had surgery. Each of you would benefit from mutual encouragement, diet monitoring, and emotional support.
- On-line support. Consider joining ObesityHelp.com. they have a nice support system that can help to answer those annoying problems. You could develop individual email contacts with patients in our practice or anywhere in the country.
- Facebook chat with a physician every Tuesday evening at 9pm at our Facebook page
- Other community support groups close to your home or at your convenience (Baylor locations, etc)
Please look over our proposed support group meetings. These should prove to be a lot of fun. The address is listed below:
Medical City Dallas
7777 Forest Lane
Children’s Tower Classrooms A&B
*Support Groups at Medical City Dallas are held on the 2nd Monday of each month from 7:00pm-9:00pm
Elsewhere in Texas
- Join Facebook Chat every Tuesday, 9-10:00 pm
- Join or Friend: wlssurgical on facebook